What is a notification escalation in Everbridge Suite?
Notification escalations allow for specific groups of contacts to be notified one at a time within given time frames. For example, group A is notified at the start of the notification with two responses needed. If only one response is received within 15 minutes, group B is notified. This workflow can continue until the two responses are collected.
While building a notification, follow the steps below to include a notification escalation:
- When selecting contacts, select the checkbox next to Use notification escalation.
- Enter a number in Total Responses Needed.
- Under Primary Contacts, select the first wave of desired contacts.
- Under Escalation Level 1, enter the amount of time next to If I don't have (x) response(s) in and select minutes or hours in the dropdown.
- Select the next wave of desired contacts.
- More escalations can be created by selecting the Add another Escalation link.
- Complete the rest of the notification as desired and send.
Notification Escalations must be enabled by an organization administrator or account administrator. For more information see Knowledge Base Article 000003340 - How to Enable Notification Escalations in Everbridge .Suite