How does a group manager create a contact in Everbridge Suite?
A group manager can only create contacts if they have been given that privilege in the role that defines them as a group manager. Once a group manager has been granted a group manager role with the privilege to create contacts, they may only create contacts via the Groups drop-down menu under Contacts or Contacts/Assets as illustrated below.
Note: This means group managers may only create contacts that belong to at least one group and that group needs to be managed by the group manager creating the contact.
Follow the steps below to create a contact as a group manager:
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the appropriate organization from the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Contacts or Contact/sAssets from the top menu bar.
- Select Groups from the drop-down menu.
- Select the applicable group from the menu on the left. Note that in order for a group manager to create a
- Select the Add Contact drop-down menu.
- Select Add a new contact to this Group from the Add Contact drop-down menu. This will add the new contact to the current group.
- Finish creating the contact.
- Click Save.
See Knowledge Base Article 000003837 - How Does a Group Manager Add or Remove a Contact to or From a Group in Everbridge Suite? for information on how a group manager can add/remove contacts to/from groups.