Main Screen Layout
E Team provides a simple way to access information in the format in which you need it. The E Team main screen is divided into five key sections.
- Tool Bar provides access to various E Team features and displays both your personal and system identification.
Navigation frame contains the Report and View by navigation that provides access to create new and view existing reports, as well as, the option to switch between position and full menu when applicable. E Team offers a hierarchical menu (shown) or a drop down menu option. Your menu option is set by your organization's E Team system administrator.
View frame displays summary views of reports based on navigation selections made. Report instances are accessed from within thee views. The view frame uses collapsible/expandable twisties . These twisties are used to identify categories that can be expanded to display additional information. Clicking on a twisty causes the selection to expand or collapse.
Targeted Alerts or Default Event References frame. When Targeted Alerts frame is visible it provides access to your targeted alerts. When the Default Event References frame has been enabled it replaces the targeted alerts frame and provides ready access to activities and links related to a specific event. Which option you see at any given time is set by your organization's E Team system administrator.
Search frame provides the means by which to search for report instances within E Team.
- Map - Select Map to access your E Team map.
- Profile - Select Profile to review or edit your Personal Profile document.
- Checklist - Select Checklist to review a list of duties assigned to your position.
- Help - Select Help to access E Team’s comprehensive online help system.
- Logout - Select Logout to exit the E Team application. When you have completed working in the E Team application, it is recommended that you log out, particularly if you share a computer with another E Team user. DO NOT close the E Team application using the X in the upper right hand corner of your browser window. Closing the application in this manner will temporarily lock you out of the system.
- About ETeam - Select About E Team to view information about your E Team application, including current version installed.
- System for - Identifies your system by name.
- Signed in User - Identifies the user currently logged in on this system.
- Alert - The Alert Indicator is present when you have unread Targeted Alerts. Select he Alert indicator to open the Targeted Alerts frame at anytime. When your system is configured to use the Default Event References frame in place of Targeted Alerts, the alert indicator will not be present until such time as your system is re-enabled display alerts.
The Navigation frame contains the E Team Report and View menus, and the option to switch between your assigned Position Based Menu and the E Team Full Menu.
E Team supports two navigation methods, Drop Down and Hierarchical. Your system will display ONLY the method selected for use by your organization.
- To use the Drop Down Menu:
- Make a selection from the Report drop down list. This causes all available view options for the report type selected to populate the View by drop down list to the right.
- Next make a selection from the View by drop down list. The selected view will display in the E Team view frame below.
- To use the Hierarchical Menu:
- Click on a blue text bar to expand the menu to display all reports available beneath that option.
- Click on the (view) text next to the report type you wish to work with to expand the menu to display all available viewing options.
- Click on one of the listed view options to display the view in the E Team view frame to the right.
- Click on (hide) to collapse an expanded report option.
- To switch between your Position Menu and the Full Menu click the radio button next to each option. This action will cause your screen to refresh, providing you with the proper menu items. Please note that not all users will be provided with the option to switch between menus. If you do not see this option and believe you should have this capability please contact your organization's E Team system administrator.
The E Team view frame provides access to report instances as well as providing various controls to enhance your E Team experience.
Reports are summarized in the View frame providing at-a-glance information and the ability to drill down quickly to reports of interest. Making a selection from within a view causes the selected report to open in read-only mode.
This frame also provides you with the ability to Create new instances of the report and to select report instances to Delete or Print.
- View Title. Displays the title of the view selected for display.
- Action Buttons. Not all buttons will be available to all users. The action buttons that display are dependent on the access control levels provided to you.
- Click on Create to open a window with a new blank report. The Create button will only appear when a summary view containing a single report type is displayed. In views containing multiple report types (i.e. All Reports and My Reports views), you will not be presented with the Create button and will be required navigate to a single view to create a new report.
- Click on Delete to delete all selected documents from the active views. A copy of the deleted document(s) will be retained in History.
- Click on Print to print all selected documents.
- Selection Boxes. Used to select report instances to print or delete. Click in the box at the top of the view to select all document instances on the view page, or click a box to the left of specific documents to make selections.
- View Area Expansion. Clicking on an expansion bar(s) visible on the left and right sides of the view frame hides the hierarchical navigation or targeted alerts/search frame to provide you with additional viewing area. This is particularly useful when the view contains more many columns, requiring you to scroll right to view all data. Clicking again retrieves the hidden frames.
- Twisty . Some summary views are presented as categorized lists. Category titles have a twisty to the left. Clicking on a twisty expands the area beneath to display the report summaries under that category.
- Document Hyperlink. To launch an individual report, click the document link.
- Attachment Indicator displays when the associated document contains at least one attachment.
- Geolocation Status. There are 2 icons used to provide information as to whether or not the report instance has been geolocated. Users with the proper permissions can click the icons to launch the associated report in update mode to allow for quick updates to alter or add data.
- Indicates the report instance has been geolocated.
- Indicates the report instance has not been geolocated.
- Paging. Displays number of pages in the selected view. When displayed, click any of the page numbers or buttons displayed at the bottom of the view frame to move back and forth between the pages of a view.
- AutoRefresh. When AutoRefresh is On, the view displayed on your screen will automatically update at preset intervals without your having to use the view refresh tool. The system also displays information to let you know when the last refresh took place. When this is set to Off you will need to manually refresh your view frame using view tools, as noted below, to ensure you have the most current information.
- View Tools. There are several tools that make it easier for you to find the information you want in E Team views.
- Click on the Refresh icon to update view data.
- Click Expand All to expand all twisties and fully expand the view.
- Click Collapse All close all twisties and shrink the view down to category display.
- Scrolling. Scroll bars will appear below and on the right within the view frame when data exceeds the window parameters.
The Targeted Alert frame is displayed on the right hand side of the E Team main window. The targeted alerts frame displays messages for the current user.
If your Targeted Alert/Search frame is not visible, use the view expansion tool in
the view frame, or click the alert indicator in the tool bar to expose the frame.
When you receive a new Alert, the targeted alerts window will show that you have an unread targeted alert message. The number of messages and number unread messages are displayed at the top of the frame.
- Click on the document hyperlink to open it in read mode.
- Red link indicates unread alerts.
- Blue link indicates that the alert has been read.
- Click in the box to the left of the alert to mark it for deletion, then click Remove to delete alert(s).
Default Event References
When this frame is enabled on your system it replaces the targeted alerts frame.
The default event references frame will display a listing of Planned Activities and
Internet Links related to the selected default event. Visibility of this frame and
selection of the default event is determined by your organization's needs and set
by your system administrator. Use of this feature is generally in support of activations for a single large scale event, and is disabled post event to revert back to display the targeted alerts frame.
Search frame is displayed on the right hand side of the E Team main window at the bottom of the screen. The search functionality allows users to search for reports that contain a specific word or phrase.
- Select Variants to search for all variants of a word. Example: "cat" will also find "cats."
- Select Fuzzy to find a word even if it is misspelled. Example: "apple" will also find "appple."
- Search In will automatically display the report type for the view you are in at the time of search. Use the drop down list to change to another report type.
When searching for a custom form, you must select the All Reports option.
- Select History to include history records in your search results.
- Select Archive to include archives records in your search results.
Search results are categorized by report id and listed by report name and will indicate which results are Active, Deleted, History, or Archive for each report as applicable.
The following special characters and numbers are ignored by search.
- Hyphen -
- Parenthesis ( )
- Dollar Symbol $
- Single numeric characters 1 thru 9
- Single alpha characters a thru z
Certain words are also ignored by search. Download the attached Search Limitations.docx to view this list.