What is Incident Chat and how can Incident Chat be enabled for Incident Notifications?
Incident Chat is a feature of the Incident Communications product which allows Contacts to be invited to Chat in the Everbridge App from an Incident.
This enables contacts to communicate about the Incident via a secure collaboration chat.
This feature can be enabled in the Organization settings by following the steps below:
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the appropriate organization from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Settings from the top menu bar.
- Select Organization from the drop-down menu
- Select Notifications from the menu on the left
- Select Default Options from the sub-menu.
- Select Incidents from the top menu
- Toggle the radio bar next to Incident Chat to On
- Click Save
After turning on Incident Chat, the option Invite these contacts to the incident chat: will appear in the settings section when editing or creating an Incident Template.