How to restrict incident administrators from editing and saving the original incident templates and scenarios created by other incident administrators.
When incident templates are created by incident administrators, the templates can be configured with view-only permissions such that other incident administrators will be unable to modify the original templates. This prevents original templates from being modified inadvertently. Users with view-only permissions to the original templates may create and edit a copy of any template by selecting the view-only eyeball icon next to the desired template and selecting Save As to a different template name.
Most roles have this option enabled by default and the option cannot be disabled. However, the incident administrator role can be configured to enable or disable this restriction.
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the desired organization from the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Roles from the Access drop-down menu in the top menu bar.
- Select the role name from the left side of the page to edit that role.
- Select the Permissions tab above "What are users in this role allowed to do?".
- Under INCIDENTS, toggle Restrict edit and delete for scenarios created by same user roles and/or Restrict edit and delete for incident templates created by same user roles.
- Once these restrictions have been applied, users in the same role will have view only access to the original templates as indicated by the eyeball icon when viewing incidents under Incidents > Templates:
- To create a copy of a template to edit, select the view-only eyeball icon and Save As to a different template name.