How to modify the CAP fields when sending IPAWS messsages in Everbridge Suite
When sending notifications to IPAWS channels the CAP fields can be configured so message senders can select values for each field. The CAP fields are listed below in order:
- Sender Agency Name
- Expires in
- Affected Region SAME code(s)
Each CAP field can be configured to have default value selections for when an IPAWS message is sent or they can be configured to restrict a message sender from making any selections.
To customize an organization's CAP channel default settings, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the desired organization from the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the Settings tab at the top of the page.
- Click Publishing Options from the left of the page.
- Click CAP Channels.
- Click on Defaults from the sub-menu.
- Select the checkboxes next to the CAP fields desired to expose to message senders allowing them to make value selections when sending IPAWS messages.
- Deselect the checkboxes if it is desired to hide the CAP fields from message senders.
- Note: The Sender Agency Name is unaffected if deselected.
- Note: The Affected Region SAME code(s) cannot be deselected as it is a required field for all CAP Channels.
- Select the Default Value using the dropdown menus next to each CAP field. (The default value will automatically be selected whether or not the CAP field is exposed to message senders.)
- Click Save.