How to configure IPAWS permissions for the Incident Operator, Incident Admin, Group Manager, and Dispatcher roles in Everbridge Suite.
Both Account and Organization Admins have access to send IPAWS messages and the ability to configure permissions for the following roles to also publish IPAWS messages:
- Incident Operator
- Incident Admin
- Group Manager
A role's access to IPAWS is configured in the Organization's Role Settings in the Manager Portal. The following example is for the Incident Operator role type but is also applicable to the Incident Admin, Group Manager, and Dispatcher roles.
Configuring Roles' Access to IPAWS Publishing in the Organization's Role Settings
To configure a role's IPAWS permissions follow the steps below:
- Select Access from the top menu bar.
- Select Roles from the drop-down menu.
- Select the pertinent role type from the list of available roles.
- Select the Permissions tab located to the right of the role types under Edit Role.
- Scroll down to the PUBLISHING OPTIONS section and select the checkbox(es) next to the applicable IPAWS channels:
- Publish to Emergency Alert System (EAS)
- Publish to COG-to-COG (CAPEXCH)
- Publish to Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click Save.