How to define sender information for delivery channels in Everbridge Suite.
The sender information is used for notifications sent via email, phone and SMS delivery methods. Use the sender information to identify yourself as the message sender to your notification recipients. This allows you to obtain better confirmation rates.
To define and/or modify sender information follow the steps below.
- Log in to the Everbridge Manager Portal and select your organization
- Select Settings > Organization > Notifications > Sender Information
If you click on the question mark next to Sender Information, you will be taken to online help where you will get detailed explanations on all the options you can set or modify under this setting.
Sender E-Mail Display (Sender Name) and Reply-to E-mail
For information on defining email sender information for Everbridge notifications, please see knowledge base article EBS: Defining Email Sender Information in Everbridge Suite.
Sender Caller ID
Use the Sender Caller ID for notifications sent to voice paths to display as the Caller ID when the recipient receives the call.
- Default: If you add more than one Caller ID, then choose a default Caller ID. If a call is placed to a country that does not have a defined Caller ID, then Everbridge uses the default Caller ID.
- Country: From the menu, select the country corresponding to the Caller ID.
- Caller ID: Enter the full phone number corresponding to the selected Country. For example, if you select United Kingdom, then the Caller ID must be a valid UK phone number without the “44” country code. NOTE: When setting a Caller ID, keep the following in mind:
- The Caller ID should be a valid phone number that can be called back if needed. Invalid numbers (for example, 555-555-5555, 123-456-7890) can be rejected by telephone service providers and result in your notification not reaching your recipients.
- The Caller ID should include the local number, without the specific 1-to-4 digit country code. Everbridge adds the international codes automatically when sending the notification.
- The Caller ID value selected as Default is used when sending notifications to any country not listed.
Sender SMS ID
Use this option for notifications sent to SMS paths to configure an alphanumeric sender ID when the recipient receives the message.
Important: Updating SMS IDs may impact Sender SMS ID settings for existing notification templates.
- Country: From the menu, select the country corresponding to the SMS ID.
- SMS ID: Enter the full phone number corresponding to the selected Country. For example, if you select United Kingdom, then the Caller ID must be a valid UK phone number without the “44” country code.
Important: Please see knowledge base article EBS: Alphanumeric Sender ID for SMS for additional information on this option.