How to configure safety buttons for the Everbridge mobile app for custom content (Sherpa).
Custom safety buttons for the Everbridge Mobile App are configured in the Manager Portal. NOTE: If you do not see any of the options discussed below, please contact your Account Manager to have these options enabled. Please reference this Knowledge Base Article for faster resolution.
Enable the Safety Features for the Organization
First, ensure that the safety features are enabled for the organization:
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select an organization from the upper right-hand side of the page.
- Click Settings.
- Click the Everbridge Mobile App sub-tab.
- Click Application Options.
- Click Safety and select the checkbox for Enable safety features in Everbridge Mobile App.
Customize the Safety Buttons Displayed
Now that the safety features are enabled, under MANAGE SAFETY BUTTONS customize the buttons displayed.
- Click Add a custom button.
- From the Type drop-down list, select Content.
- Enter a Name. (This will be the display name for the button on the Everbridge Mobile App.)
- Enter a Description.
- Click Replace Image.
- To change the image, click Upload on the bottom left, select the desired file and click Open.
- Adjust the size of the button with the - and + icons.
- Click Save.
- Select WHO CAN SEE THIS BUTTON? for the organization. Buttons may be configured to be visible to all contacts or their visibility may be limited based on user groups or rules.
- Under WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THIS BUTTON IS TAPPED? (SELECT AT LEAST ONE), type a message to your end users and link to the Sherpa website. Sample below:
- Configure the URL with the link button shown above. Enter the URL, the text to display, a title, and whether to display in the current window or a new window.
- URL: https://apply.joinsherpa.com/travel-restrictions
- Click Save to save the link.
- Click Save again to save the button.