There are two methods for uploading facility locations into Visual Command Center (VCC); directly through the VCC Admin Console or through SFTP in the Everbridge Suite Manager Portal.
In the examples below, a Data Type called Facilities has been created under My Data to manage facilities and buildings.
Once all the required fields are added to the template and saved, it can be uploaded via the Import Data feature in the VCC Admin Console or via SFTP in the Everbridge Suite Manager Portal.
The default fields in the template are listed in the table below. NOTE: Custom attributes can be added to the template through the Admin Console before downloading it.
*The required fields are denoted in red.
|Expected Value (examples)
|Field String Length & Notes
|Usually a numeric value, which could be an office ID
|Address Line 1
|125 Main Street
|Address Line 2
|Provider Start Time
|Example in hh:mm:ss
|Provider End Time
|Example in hh:mm:ss
|GeoJSON and WKT formats
Uploading Facility Locations in the VCC Admin Console
NOTE: To reduce the time it takes to geocode information in a file, include the latitude and longitude in the file before uploading it to VCC.
Uploading Facility Locations via SFTP
SFTP uploads are configured through the Everbridge Suite Manager Portal. See the Knowledge Base Article for instructions: 000034649 - SFTP Access Guide & FAQ.
By using SFTP, assets uploaded through the Manager Portal are automatically synced to VCC. This process does not require any user intervention however, status and error messages will appear in the VCC Admin Console only. (shown in step 8 above)
- SFTP uploads in VCC can be done only at the organization level.
- Upload file size is limited to 50MB when using SFTP.
- The review step in the upload process is automatically set to approve any uploads made via SFTP.
File Drop Location:
- SFTP uploads should be placed in vcc_asset/update/file_name.csv.
Note that while the folder name is "Update" the operation performed is a REPLACE, see Supported Data Operations below.
File Naming Conventions:
- The name of an upload file must match the name for that Data Type in the Admin Console. For example, if the Data Type for the assets being uploaded is My_Facilities, the file uploaded should be named My_Facilities.csv.
- The file name can include additional characters. (i.e. date stamp, versioning information etc.) Additional characters will not affect the upload as long as they are separated from the asset name with three underscores. For example , if the asset name is My_Facilities all of the following names are valid:
- File name matching is not case-sensitive. For example, if the asset name is My_Facilities, all of the following names are valid:
Supported Data Operations:
Note: A REPLACE operation is performed for each upload. This consists of all three actions below.
- ADD: Data rows with an ExternalID not found among existing records of the target data type will be added as new records.
- UPDATE: Data rows with an ExternalID value that matches that of an existing record of the target data type will be updated with the contents for the matching row in the uploaded file.
- DELETE: Existing records of the target data type with an ExternalID value that does not match any row in the uploaded file will be deleted.
NOTE: Take care when uploading, as any existing records not present in the uploaded file will be deleted.