This article explains how to send Notifications or Incidents to multiple individuals by uploading a list of existing contact identifiers in a comma-separated-value (CSV) file.
What you can do
As a message sender, you can quickly target many individual contacts by uploading a list of existing contact identifiers in a CSV file in the Notification or Incident workflows.
Note: This option is currently available for the desktop portal only (manager.everbridge.net or manager.everbridge.eu). You will not see this option in ManageBridge.
Why this may be important to you
This feature saves you time and reduces unnecessary errors because you can quickly target individual contacts in bulk without navigating through many pages of contacts or creating temporary groups or rules.
How to use this feature
Please follow the steps below to use this feature.
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the appropriate organization from the upper right-hand corner.
- Start a new Notification or Incident OR edit a scheduled one or an existing template (e.g., Notifications > New Notification).
- Under Contacts, select Individuals.
- Under the Individuals sub-tab, choose Select Individuals Using Upload List.
- Be sure to have a list of contacts in a correctly formatted CSV file. (For the correct format, you can download the file template by selecting Download Template.) Then, select Upload (CSV Only).
- The number of contacts in the file eligible to receive the Notification or Incident will appear. Then, choose Select.
- The contacts listed in the file will be selected.
How you can troubleshoot this feature
If you run into issues uploading contacts to Notifications or Incidents, please ensure your upload file meets the following requirements.
- Only file type allowed: .csv (NOT .xls or .xlsx)
- Maximum file size: 8 MB
- Maximum contact records: 15,000
- Only required column header: External ID (case insensitive) - all other columns will be ignored
NOTE: If your role is limited to accessing certain contacts, you cannot add contacts outside of your role permissions.
How this affects your Everbridge service
This feature is available to all your message senders at no extra cost and does not require you to make any changes to
- Your existing Notification or Incident templates
- Your Scheduled Notification or Scheduled Incident templates
- Your Notification or Incident reports