How to set up an email ingestion integration in Everbridge Suite.
Email Ingestion functionality provides administrators with the capability to set up an integration between Everbridge Suite and a third-party alerting application such as event monitoring tools, digital signage software, CAD systems, etc.). Everbridge Suite ingests an email from a third-party application, parses the email, and launches an incident.
Email Ingestion is a premium Everbridge feature, and not enabled for all Everbridge organizations by default. Please contact an Everbridge Account Manager to enable this feature.
Note: The incoming emails Everbridge will ingest must be formatted in Plain Text. If emails are received as HTML, all HTML tags will be stripped, and a plain text body will be generated. With this process, all smart characters will be converted into their plain counterparts.
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the appropriate organization from the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner.
- Select Settings from the top menu bar.
- Select Everbridge Open from the drop-down menu.
- Select Email Ingestion from the menu on the left.
- Select + New Integration.
- Enter an Integration Name.
- Fill in the fields under WHEN AN EMAIL IS. Note: Both items are case sensitive.
- Sent from:
- And received at:
- Define the conditions for the incoming email under AND MEETS. Note: You can only define the conditions that meet ALL requirements, or only conditions that meet ANY requirements, or meets both ALL and ANY requirements.
- From LAUNCH THE INCIDENT, click the Select an incident template link
- Select an Incident Template.
- Variables that are required in the Incident template must be mapped. You cannot clear the check box. The check boxes of optional Variables can be cleared. You do not have to map optional Variables. You can map an optional Variable by selecting the check box.
- (Optional) Test Variables: Select the Test Variables link to test your Regular Expressions (For further information on Regular Expressions, please access the Everbridge Support Center).
- Click Save or Click OK.
- Send test email to verify the Success or Failure of your integration.