How to create an incident template for use with Incident Communications.
Incident Templates are set-up to take advantage of easy drop-down and fill-in choices and use dynamic guidelines to pre-populate aspects of the message ahead of time. The steps below review creating one at a high level.
- Login to the Everbridge Manager Portal.
- Click "Incidents."
- Choose "Templates" from the drop-down.
- Click "New Incident Template."
- Fill and make selections for the following areas:
- Header - This is where the template is named, set live, given a Template ID and a Category.
- Form and Message - This is where the variables that need to be included in the template are selected and the Outgoing Message is edited.
- Publishing Options - This are the options for publishing the incident to additional outlets.
- Contacts - This is where contacts, groups, and/or rules are chosen to receive the incident.
- Settings - This is where the delivery settings for the incident notification are controlled.
- Permissions - This is where the functionality available to the incident operator is decided
- Click Save.
The Incident Template has been created.
|For more information, go to the "Creating an Incident Template" course in the Incident Communications Administrator Certification curriculum located in Everbridge University.