How to create or update a rule to select contacts for notifications in Everbridge Suite.
Rules are a dynamic way of selecting contacts based on information in their contact records. You set the criteria for that rule and when the notification is sent, only contacts meeting that criteria are sent the message.
To create a rule that selects contacts for notifications, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the desired organization from the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the Contacts tab from the top of the page.
- Click Rules from the drop-down menu.
- To create a new rule:
- Click + Add.
- Enter the Name of the rule in the Rule Name field.
To update an existing rule:
- Click on the pencil icon next to the Rule Name.
- Create a filter (search criteria):
- Under Rule Name there is a custom filter pane labeled Field, Condition and Value.
- Next to the Add Filter Search under Condition where it says Select Field, click on the drop-down menu.
- Note the following categories of fields to select from:
- CONTACT DETAILS
- LOCATION DETAILS
- DYNAMIC LOCATION
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Use the scroll bar to view all the fields and categories available for rule filtering.
- Choose a field from one of these categories.
- Once you choose a field, a Condition appears.
- Choose a Condition from the drop-down.
- Assign a Value.
Repeat this step to add more filters to the rule until you have completed defining your criteria for choosing contacts.
NOTE: Filters can be removed from a rule by clicking on the trash icon to the right of the filter definition.
- Click Contact Preview to generate the list of contacts the rule returns and verify if these are the desired results. If the contact list is not as expected, continue modifying the rule filters and previewing the list of contacts returned until you get the desired results.
- Click Save.