How to configure password expiration in Everbridge Suite.
Account Administrators can set whether users' passwords expire, the password expiration time, and if users receive a password expiration reminder.
By default, passwords are set to expire every 90 days. Setting a password expiration policy can only be done within the account's settings.
- Only account administrators can view and/or set a password expiration policy.
- Setting a password expiration policy affects all organizations and roles within the account.
- Changing the password expiration settings will take immediate effect. For example, if the expiration is set to 180 days, then changed to 90, then a user who has not changed their password in 100 days would suddenly need to change their password.
- By default, if no password expiration is defined, passwords never expire.
To set the password expiration policy for all Everbridge Suite users, follow the steps below:
- Log in to the Everbridge Manager Portal
- Select Settings > Organization > Security > Password Policy
- Toggle Expiration to On
- Define your policy
- Click Save
In the example below, password expiration is set for 365 days and users are not reminded of the upcoming expiration.