How to assign users access to specific groups in Everbridge Suite.
Group access is assigned via roles and can be set during the creation of a role or when editing a role. The roles that can have groups defined are:
- Incident Operator
- Incident Administrator
- Group Manager Role
- Dispatcher Role
The groups to which a user has access are determined by the role that user has. A user has access to all the groups assigned to the role(s) that user has.
Defining group access via roles can be done at the account or organization level. Steps for both methods are included below.
- Log in to the Everbridge Manager Portal
- Select Roles
- Next to View roles for: select the radio button for Organization and choose the organization from the drop-down menu
- Select a role from the left
- Select the Resources sub-tab and scroll to Contacts. The options are different depending on the role chosen:
- For the Incident roles, you can choose Access to all to grant access to all groups or Limited access and toggle specific groups to define group access. Select from STATIC GROUPS and DYNAMIC GROUP.
- The other two roles default to Limited access. Toggle specific groups to define group access. Select from STATIC GROUPS and DYNAMIC GROUP.
- Click Save
- Log in to the Everbridge Manager Portal and select your organization
- Select Settings > Access > Roles
- Follow the steps for the account level instructions starting with step 4.