How to publish Everbridge notifications to Facebook and Twitter accounts.
To publish notifications to a Facebook or Twitter account, the account must be linked to the organization. Follow the steps below:
NOTE: If posting to Facebook, be sure to link Everbridge to at least one Facebook Fan page. For more information on Facebook Fan pages, see https://sproutsocial.com/insights/facebook-fan-page/ . Everbridge can only post to the walls of the Pages to which it is linked. If no Pages are linked (or linked but not selected), no post will occur.
To publish a notification to a social media account, follow the steps listed below:
- Log in to the Manager Portal and select the desired organization from the upper right-hand corner.
- Click on the Notifications tab from the top of the page.
- Click the New Notification button from the upper left.
- Create the notification as desired, and from the Publishing Options pane, select the checkbox for Social Media.
- Click the Attach Files link (under the Message section) to add an image to the post.
- Select the desired accounts from the Select Account(s) dropdowns.
- Check the checkbox for Link tweet to a web page to provide followers a direct link to a publicly accessible web page that contains the entirety of the notification (title, body, Rich Text Formatting, and attachments). Linking to a web page is helpful for longer messages, as Twitter messages (tweets) only support 280 characters.
- If files are attached in the Message section, then under Include an image, select the radio button(s) for the uploaded image(s) to add to the post.
- Complete and click Send.