How to Insert a Zoom Meeting Link into an SMS Message in Everbridge Suite Incident Communications.
Follow the video and/or written instructions below to learn how to Insert a Zoom Meeting Link into an SMS Message for use with Everbridge Suite Incident Communications.
- Log in to your organization from the Everbridge Manager Portal
- Edit the Incident Communications Template (Incidents > Templates > pencil icon to the left of the template name)
- By default, you are on Form & Message.
- Under Preview & Edit in the column to the right, select Outgoing Message
- Under TEXT:
- Check Use custom SMS message
- Optionally check Use custom Email/Everbridge Mobile App message
- Under SMS choose Add Web Page Message
- Add text in both text boxes (under TEXT and SMS)
- Create a variable with the zoom meeting hyperlink
- In the Web Page Message text box add the variable that contains the zoom meeting hyperlink
- Highlight the variable and click the three dots under Web Page Message to reveal the tool bar
- Select the link button option from the tool bar
- An Insert/Edit Link window appears
- Add the variable name under Text to display
- Add the URL of the meeting in the URL box by inserting http://<variable name>
- Reselect the link button in the tool bar
- In the URL field remove any encoding that was added to the variable name. For example, %20
- If you want to use the same link in an email, highlight the SMS text and copy to the email text box. The link will be automatically inserted
- Before you exit the template, scroll to the top and click the blue Save button in the top right corner