When sending Auto-Incidents for the Hurricane Risk Event feed in Visual Command Center (VCC), if one of the following outgoing message body text box options (varies depending on text selection) is selected:
- All Delivery Methods
- SMS Text, Fax, Pager, Text-to-speech conversation, and
- SMS (all but Email/Mobile App)
the message may fail to be sent.
This problem occurs if the character size limit of the ‘VCC: Alert Location’ Incident Variable for Hurricane Risk Events provided by GDACS is exceeded.
The following actions are recommended to avoid Auto-Incident failure for Hurricane Alerts:
- Create an Incident Template designated for the Hurricane Risk Event Feed Auto-Incident. This can be done by creating a copy of an existing Auto-Incident Template, or you can build an Incident Template from scratch.
- In the Outgoing Message section of the Form & Message, EXCLUDE the ‘VCC: Alert Location’ Incident Variable from all Message Body text boxes, EXCEPT FOR Email/Mobile App (use custom Email/Everbridge Mobile app message). If you are leveraging Incident Notification Phases, perform this action for ALL phases of the Incident Template.
- Save changes and name the Incident Template accordingly.
NOTE: If you are leveraging the ‘VCC: Alert Location’ Incident Variable for Conditional Logic in the dynamic selection of Publishing Options, Contacts, and/or Settings, this logic will remain unaffected by the removal of the variable in the respective Outgoing Message Body text boxes. As long, as the Incident Variable is available on the Operator Form, conditional logic will work as expected.
- In the VCC Admin Console, toggle to Alert Settings, and select the Hurricane VCC Risk Source feed.
- If Auto-Incident is already configured, select the tool icon and change the Auto-Incident template to the newly created/designated Hurricane Incident Template.
- If Auto-incident is not configured, select the Auto-Incident checkbox, and select the appropriate Incident Template.
- If you would like to receive Auto-Incidents for Updates to an Alert, or when an Alert is closed or acknowledged, check the appropriate boxes.
- Save changes.
Please reach out to your Customer Success Manager, or Everbridge Technical Support, if you require assistance to make these changes.