Does the Everbridge Return to Work solution require the new EVBG CT iOS Mobile App?
To determine if the standalone EVBG CT iOS Mobile App is needed depends on the following:
- The device platform. The EVBG CT iOS Mobile App is for Apple iOS devices only. The Google Android platform does not require or use the EVBG CT iOS Mobile App.
- If Proximity-based Contact Tracing is enabled, users will need to download the new EVBG CT iOS Mobile App in addition to the EVBG App iOS Mobile App.
- If Proximity-based Contact Tracing is not enabled and only Location-based Contact Tracing will be used, then the EVBG CT iOS Mobile App is not needed. However, it may still be used as long as push notifications are not being leveraged. The new standalone EVBG CT iOS for Proximity-based contact tracing does not support any push notification capability. Use the EVBG App iOS if push notification is required. Otherwise, the standalone EVBG CT iOS will meet all Return to Work use cases.
For more information on when to use the EVBG CT iOS Mobile App, see Knowledge Base Articles:
- 000049473 - Contact Tracing: On Apple iOS Devices That Have Two Mobile Apps for Contact Tracing (EVBG App iOS and EVBG CT iOS), Does It Matter From Which App the Symptom Checker or Other Custom Buttons Are Used?
- 000049467 - Contact Tracing: Are Two Mobile Apps for Google Android Required for Proximity-based Contact Tracing?