Why do you receive continual updates for an earthquake from Visual Command Center (VCC)?
Earthquakes can create hundreds of aftershocks generating auto-incident communications from the Manager Portal to whichever modality (SMS, email, or App) you have selected on your Manager Portal template. As a best practice, especially for the earthquake feed, disable the Send notification for Updates in Visual Command Center within the Admin console. This will ensure that you only receive auto-incident communications for new earthquakes and when the risk event is closed.
To disable Send notification for Updates in Visual Command Center, follow these instructions.
- Log in to Visual Command Center.
- Select the 3 lines in the upper right of the main screen and click on Admin Console.
- Click on Alert Settings > Earthquake.
- Click on the gear next to Auto Incident.
- Uncheck the box Send notification for Updates.
- Click the Close button > then click Save at the top of the screen.