E Team's form builder is delivered with a set of custom controls that closely mimic common features contained on core E Team forms. Although these controls provide the same functionality found within E Team, there may be a few differences in the look and feel of the controls themselves.
E Team custom controls MUST NOT be added to custom tabs, as this functionality is already built into the E Team forms to which a tab would be published. In addition, Custom Controls MUST NOT be nested when added to a form design.
DO NOT DELETE E TEAM GENERATED CUSTOM CONTROLS TAGGED NC4
Supported controls along with any differences are identified below.
- Access Control. When dropped onto a custom form the custom control Access Control functions the same as E Team's standard Access Control feature. However, users will make group and individual selections from alphabetically filtered listings:
- To make a group of individual selection click on the appropriate button.
- Alpha options will be presented. Click as needed and place a check to the left of each required listing to make your selections. Selection are added to the Selected results fields as they are checked. To remove a selection, repeat the process and uncheck.
When the custom data sharing control is also used AND any of one of your system's "active" data sharing configuration documents is enabled for Datasharing of Access Control this control MUST also be present on the custom form.
- Attachments. When dropped onto a custom form the custom Attachments control functions the same as the E Team's standard Attachment feature when adding attachment(s) from both browser and document library while in read-only mode of a form instance.
- The image above shows you how attachments are listed once added.
- You cannot batch delete or print custom forms attachments.
- To delete click the Delete link to the right of each listing.
- To print or download click the document link.
- Data Sharing. When dropped onto a custom form the custom control Data Sharing functions the same as E Team's standard Data Sharing feature.
- To select data sharing Recipients, click the Load Recipients button.
- Changes to a form design after the initial form is shared will NOT subsequently be shared. This is because the form can also published on your sharing partners system. They may also chose to make changes to the design and utilize for their own purposes, thereby creating a conflict in the form fields. Therefore, when sharing you should closely coordinate form level design changes with your partners.
When this control is used AND any of one of your system's "active" data sharing configuration documents is enabled for Datasharing of Access Control the custom Access Control MUST also be present on the custom form.
- Geo-location. When dropped onto a custom form the custom control Location/Geolocation functions the same as E Team's standard Location and Geolocation features.
- Click on Load Sites button to select from a listing of predefines E Team Site documents.
- Notification. When dropped onto a custom form, the custom control Notification functions the same as E Team's standard Notification feature.
- Notification Group and Individual recipients are presented with alphabetical filtering as described above for the custom Access Control.
- On submit of a custom form the Send Notification option immediately reverts to NO, whereas on a core form the option reverts to NO on next subsequent update.
- While targeted alerts are generated there is no option to view Targeted Alerts Status on a custom form.
- Related Event/Incident/Activity. When dropped onto a custom form the custom control Related Event/Incident/Activity functions the same as E Team's standard Report Relationship field for Event/Incident/Activity.
- Click the Load Related Event/Incident/Activity button to make your selection.
- Click the Clear Related Event/Incident/Activity button to clear the field.
- Responsible Entity. When dropped onto a custom form the custom control Responsible Entity functions the same as E Team's standard Responsibility/Assignment fields.
- Click the Load button options for each field to make your selections.
- Situation Summary. When dropped onto a custom form the custom Situation Summary control functions the same as E Team's standard Situation Summary field in all modes of the form; create, update, and read.