E Team Data Replication Services (DRS) enables two installations of E Team to share data with each other in a synchronous manner.
- E Team DRS will be used to replicate data between two installations of E Team.
- All reports, except the time zone, non-editable configuration information and GIS Configuration, will be replicated.
- DRS will share replicated data with the remote system in a near-real time manner.
- DRS will not replicate reports/data entered into the E Team system before DRS configuration is setup. However, DRS will replicate reports as soon as they are updated after DRS configuration is setup.
Both E Team systems MUST be configured properly for Data Replication to work. The following information must be shared, and identified within each system's DRS Configuration document:
- User ID
- User Password
- Remote Server IP and Port
- Customer ID
- Protocol Used – HTTP or HTTPS
You must create a document for each data replicating partner.
- Select DRS Configuration under Administration from the menu. The DRS Configuration view page will display.
- The system displays a list of DRS Configuration reports.
- Click the Create button to create a new DRS Configuration. The System opens a report in the new window in update mode.
- Enter the information required, when done click Submit.
- Host IP: Enter the hostname or IP of the remote system you have chosen to replicate data with.
- Port: Enter the port on which the application server of the remote system you have chosen to replicate data with is listening on.
- Context Name: Enter the E Team Customer Name of the remote system you have chosen to replicate data with. (assumed to be the same for all E Team Installations of a customer).
- Protocol: Select the protocol for the remote server provided above. Options are http or https.
- User ID: Enter a valid E Team username with admin privileges for the application on the remote system.
- Password: Enter the Password for the username entered above.
- Status: Select Enable to set replication to Active. Select Disable to Inactive DRS.
- Email Notification List: Enter emails separated by comma. Notifications will go out to recipients listed in case of DRS failure due to network reasons.
- System ID: Enter the E Team System ID of the remote system you have chosen to replicate data with.