E Team Access Control gives an E Team user the ability to limit access to E Team information. By including users in an Access Control Group, access can effectively be limited on a user-by-user basis. Any user who is not listed in the Access Control group(s) assigned to a report cannot access that information. If no Access Control group is designated for a specific report, then all users with the appropriate Access Level can access that information.
How Access Control Works
E Team Access Control is consistent throughout. All forms that use this functionality will have a Access Control and Sharing tab containing a section labeled Access Control. This section contains Group and Individual Access fields.
The user selects the Access Control group(s) and/or individual(s) to whom access to this information is allowed. Once the report is submitted, the document is marked with this access control and only users selected can access the information.
Access Control Group Administration Document
Access Control Groups are entered into E Team using the Access Control Group administration document. At least one group MUST be enabled for Group Access Control to function. You may create as many Access Control Groups as needed.
To create an Access Control Group.
- Select Access Control Group from under Administration in the menu. The system displays the Access Control Group by name view in the View Frame.
- Click on the Create button. The system displays the Access Control Group administration document in update mode.
- Enter the required data. When you are finished click on Submit to save and close the document.
- Group Name: Enter a Group Name. This is the name that will appear to users in the Access Control Group selection window on E Team reports.
- Description: Enter a description for your group. This is for administration purposes only and will not display anywhere else in the system.
- Is Enabled?: Select Yes to display this group in the Access Control Group selection window on E Team reports. Default is Yes.
- Users: Establishes which user(s) are assigned to the group.
Highlight user(s) in the left window (hold down control key to make multiple selections), and click on the >> to add user(s) to the group.
Highlight user(s) in the right window (hold down control key to make multiple selections), and click on the << to remove user(s) from the group.
Is Default?: Select Yes to set this group as the default throughout the application. Default is No.
When set to Yes this group will be set by default in the Access Control Group field on ALL report instances created going foreward, until such time as this setting is changed to No.